what to expect for your first time:
What to Do
• Hydrate. Make sure you drink plenty of water before, during, and after your session.
• Dress appropriately. In Pilates you may find your body in precarious positions, so I recommend for your modesty and mine that you wear fitted, secure, comfortable, opaque workout attire. Men please wear supportive gear, i.e. compression shorts. Since your bodies often find themselves on the floor you will be asked to remove your outside shoes before entering a workout area. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
• Be on time. Arrive 5-10 minutes before your schedule time so you can sign a waiver, get a studio tour, and get comfortable with and on your equipment.
What to Bring
• Hair band/tie, hair will need to be pulled away from the face so that you can easily see what you’re doing and to ensure no hair gets stuck in the equipment.
• Pilates grip socks. You are encouraged to workout barefoot, but if you feel your feet get sweaty or are more comfortable in socks, please purchase Pilates grip socks here. Here is a link to my favorite pair: https://amzn.to/2JAE0Hv
A pair my clients love: https://amzn.to/2t1473c
What to Expect
Expect to sweat, push yourself, and to control your body with your brain (not the other way around!).
it's my first time, what do i need to know?
First off, you need to know that Pilates is for everyone. Pilates is a low impact system of exercises, meaning that typically your heart rate is not up as high as it would be during cardiovascular exercise. Pilates can be tailored to almost any type or ache, pain, or injury, so that you can still get a workout in no matter the state of your body. (As long as you are cleared by your physician and/or PT to do Pilates). That being said, Pilates is also one hell of a workout. Come ready to stretch, strengthen, and sweat!
Do I need to wear Pilates Socks?
No. Wearing Pilates socks during classical pilates is simply an option. If you have sweaty feet or feel more comfortable with your feet covered, wear socks so that you can have a super solid grip on the equipment. Some people feel that they have a better grip on the equipment barefoot. However you feel you have the best grip, that is how you should workout. Socks or no socks, the answer is up to you!
Which types of classes do you offer?
Where muscle meets yoga, Yoga Sculpt is born. Boost metabolism and build lean muscle mass as you move and flow to upbeat tracks. You’ll combine free weights with yoga sequencing and cardio to intensify each yoga post while mixing in strength-training moves like squats, lunges, and bicep curls.
Pilates Mat Blast:
Tone your core, strengthen your gluten, and lengthen your legs with our Pilates Core Blast Mat class. This class will focus particularly on core strength and functional movement all while giving you a good sweat and strengthening, lengthening, and toning your entire body. Come prepared to sweat it out on the Mat!
Reform Your Core:
The pilates reformer and other apparatuses are used in this 50 minute total body workout. Flow, strength, precision, and control will be used to target all muscle groups and push student’s to their mental and physical limits.
Pilates Privates and Semi Privates:
Pilates Privates and Semi Privates are personally designed by Sheridan and tailored to each client’s specific body, wants, and needs. Breathing, concentration, control, centering, precision, and flow of movement are combined to give the client the ultimate workout and their Powerhouse feeling both fatigued and stronger than ever.
I’ve done Pilates on a Mega-former before (i.e. Solidcore, One Lagree, etc.). Is this the same thing?
Simply put, no. Comparing that to this is like comparing apples or oranges. Classical Pilates, which is what I teach, is the exercises curated and performed by Joe Pilates himself. You will be in a room-temperature room with pleasant but not blasting background music, working to the rhythm of your heart and the instructions given to you.
There is a 24-hour cancellation policy for all sessions & classes. We hold a spot for you and in exchange you give us a 24-hour notice, by email or phone. Otherwise, you will be charged.